By H.P. Lovecraft
Introduction by Harlan Ellison
Back Cover Text
Descend into the nerve-shattering realm of America’s master of horror, H. P.
Lovecraft—to a dank place where gloomy maelstroms await the unwary, where the unnatural is
surpassed only by the unspeakable, and where all pleasure is perverse. Take a
chance. . . . All you can lose is your sanity.
PLUS ELEVEN OTHER MACABRE TALES OF PURE TERROR
- The Doom That Came to Sarnath—The magnificent city had wealth beyond measure, but
no riches could save it from a ghastly day of reckoning.
- The Shunned House—He vowed to rid the odious structure of the brooding horror that
clung to it, but evil would not go gently.
- The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath—Desperate to understand his tormenting vision,
one man begins a forbidden and nightmarish journey.
- The Tomb—The old Hyde family crypt held a gruesome attraction for a boy, until he
communed with the dead and learned their secrets.
- The Shadow Out of Time—The quest to understand the devouring force that once
possessed a scholar leads a man to the other side of the world, where all will be revealed in one
hideous, unholy night.
Shadows of Death. By H.P. Lovecraft, with an Introduction by Harlan Ellison. New York,
NY: Del Rey; 25 October 2005; ISBN 0-345-48333-2; Paperback; 336 pages.
Purchasing This Book
This book may be purchased in paperback from Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble.