The following entries include the first publication of this work and any publications currently
- Weird Tales, 4, No. 2 (May–June–July 1924), 3–12.
- The Tomb and Other Tales. New York: Ballantine Books,
- The Doom That Came to Sarnath. New York: Ballantine
Books, 1971, 176–205.
- Dagon and Other Macabre Tales. Ed. S.T. Joshi. Sauk City,
WI: Arkham House, 1987, 217–43.
- The Transition of H.P. Lovecraft: The Road to Madness.
New York: Ballantine Books, 1996, 164–88.
- The Thing on the Doorstep and Other Weird Stories.
New York: Penguin Books, 2001, 53–77.
- Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales of H. P. Lovecraft.
London: Gollancz, 2008, 106–127.
- H.P. Lovecraft: The Fiction. New York, NY: Barnes
& Noble, 2008, 270–291.
- The Weird Writings of HP Lovecraft. Mississauga, ON:
Girasol Collectables, 2010, 1: 39–48 (as “Imprisoned with the Pharaohs”).
- The Other Gods and More Unearthly Tales. New York, NY:
Barnes & Noble, 2010, 167–191.
- The Crawling Chaos and Others: The Annotated Revisions and
Collaborations of H.P. Lovecraft, Volume 1. Welches, OR: Arcane Wisdom, 2011,
- H.P. Lovecraft: The Complete Fiction. New York, NY:
Barnes & Noble, 2011, 270–291.