The following entries include the first publication of this work and any publications currently
- Weird Tales, 6, No. 1 (July 1925), 78–82.
- The Lurking Fear and Other Stories. New York: Ballantine
Books, 1971, 99–106.
- Dagon and Other Macabre Tales. Ed. S.T. Joshi. Sauk City,
WI: Arkham House, 1987, 200–7.
- The Transition of H.P. Lovecraft: The Road to Madness.
New York: Ballantine Books, 1996, 157–63.
- Waking Up Screaming. New York, NY: Del Rey, 1 January
- The Dreams in the Witch House and Other Weird
Stories. New York: Penguin Books, 2004, 82–89.
- Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales of H. P. Lovecraft.
London: Gollancz, 2008, 128–133.
- H.P. Lovecraft: The Fiction. New York, NY: Barnes
& Noble, 2008, 256–261.
- The Weird Writings of HP Lovecraft. Mississauga, ON:
Girasol Collectables, 2010, 2: 19–23.
- The Other Gods and More Unearthly Tales. New York, NY:
Barnes & Noble, 2010, 151–157.
- H.P. Lovecraft: The Complete Fiction. New York, NY:
Barnes & Noble, 2011, 256–261.
- The Lovecraft Library, Volume 1: Horror Out of Arkham.
New York, NY: IDW Publishing, October 2011, 53–61.
- H.P. Lovecraft Goes to the Movies. New York, NY: Fall
River, October 2011, 109–117.