Brown University holds the typed manuscript of “The Lurking Fear” and has
scans of the entire typescript
The following entries include the first publication of this work and any publications currently
- Home Brew vol. 2, no. 6 (January, 1923): 4–10; vol. 3, no. 1 (February, 1923): 18–23; vol. 3, no. 2 (March, 1923): 31–37, 44; vol. 3, no. 3 (April, 1923): 35–42.
- The Lurking Fear and Other Stories. New York, NY: Ballantine Books, January 1971. 1–22.
- Dagon and Other Macabre Tales. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House, . –199.
- The Transition of H. P. Lovecraft: The Road to Madness. New York, NY: Del Rey-Ballantine Books, October 1996. 129–147.
- Waking Up Screaming: Haunting Tales of Terror. New York, NY: Del Rey Books, January 2003. 20–42.
- The Dreams in the Witch House and Other Weird Stories. New York, NY: Penguin, [August] 2004. –81.
- H. P. Lovecraft: Tales. New York, NY: Library of America, [February] 2005. 55–76.
- Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales of H. P. Lovecraft. London, UK: Gollancz, 2008. 65–82.
- H.P. Lovecraft: The Fiction. New York, NY: Barnes & Noble, 2008. –239.
- The Weird Writings of HP Lovecraft. Mississauga, ON: Girasol Collectables, 2010. 2: 115–128.
- The Other Gods and More Unearthly Tales. New York, NY: Barnes & Noble, 2010. 132–150.
- H.P. Lovecraft: The Complete Fiction (collectible edition). New York, NY: Barnes & Noble, 2011. –239.
- H.P. Lovecraft: Great Tales of Horror. New York, NY: Fall River Press, 2012. 49–65.
- Collected Fiction, A Variorum Edition, Volume 1: 1905–1925. New York, NY: Hippocampus Press, 2015. 349–373.
- Herbert West—Reanimator (and Kindred Night Spawn). Hornsea, UK: PS Publishing, 2017. 67–95.